Saturday, June 21, 2008

Remember Charm Bracelets?

I remember when I got my charm bracelet back in my school days. I didn't have my portable hair dryer charm (shown above) yet. The bracelet only came with one charm on it, a small gold toaster. I could see then that it would be a small appliance charm bracelet! That excited me. It isn't easy finding small electrics charms, which makes it all the more valuable. And sentimental, as my parents both loved small dangerous appliances and passed that love along to me. I will never forget my mother standing nearby with an amused smile on her face watching a tiny little me trying to get my piece of toast out of the toaster with a metal fork. The shock I got from that little action pushed me into the air--and did it ever TINGLE in a scary way. So I guess that's why the first charm was a toaster. A nice little memory of childhood folly.

1 comment:

Catlin said...

I didn't have any charm bracelets when I was little. I thought they were for sissy girls. I wanted to be a boy. I thought they only got to do the fun things.